Sunday, July 4, 2010

Happy Fourth!



Time is flying, tomorrow begins week 12...my last week and I can't believe it. Right now I feel like I should be a "culinary dropout" though. Went to a small Fourth of July party and I brought an apple crumble. Upon tasting it I realized I forgot to add the sugar; I went to an extra bread practice this morning and my breads all had massive caves on the inside. Tim (Darina's husband) thought it might be that the oven temperature was wrong. I practiced jointing a chicken last night (need to do it for my practical exam)and it took me 30 minutes to finish...given that I only have 3 hours to prepare this meal I'm in big trouble. Last week my teacher tried to show me how to pipe icing on the cake I made...her's was beautiful, mine looked like blobs. I think I'm turning into a blob after all the sugar and cream and no exercise these last 12 weeks! The pictures above are of the party and my darling Irish neighbor who made cupcakes in honor of the Fourth of July!
Cheers!
Karen

No comments:

Post a Comment