Monday, April 26, 2010

2nd Week: Day 6

It's really day 7 for me because Tom and I went to an all day class on butcherie and charcouterie on Saturday. It was good and Tom loved it which is a good thing...ha,ha! Only 5 other students went (we do have to pay extra for these supplemental courses). Today started in the kitchen with a new partner Sophie...she is darling. Neither one of us had good time management though...Megan I needed you today! We were the last ones out and barely had time to eat before the afternoon demonstration started. I collapsed in what is now my regular chair, front and almost center, always trying to be teachers pet but this time it doesn't seem to be working. The young people always have time to change into very cute clothes for the afternoon demonstration classes...most of the older folks just stay in their "chef's whites", I wonder why! This evening a group of students put together a barbeque for all of us, at the house they are staying in for the duration of the course. There are various houses for students to stay in and they are charming. I will take pictures and post! Where Tom and I are staying is very industrial and definitely not charming. The party was great fun, I'm still learning british and irish english for instance, being pissed means drunk! Words of wisdom from today's lesson "what goes into the animal goes into us".
Cheers!
Karen

1 comment:

  1. Karen,
    I love reading your blog. You are so cute! Isn't Ireland neat?!

    ReplyDelete