Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Day 7

A good day. Sophie and I had it all together today! All of our dishes turned out good and I think I'm finally getting the hang of making a tart...this was my second attempt, I hope it wasn't beginners luck! Not that I'm a beginner but Megan is the one who is the baker in the family not me. The last time I made a tart at home was for my friend Kelli's birthday; three attempts, three throw-aways, sent one of the girls to Marie Calendar's to buy a pie! I've got a new primary instructor this week. In his past life b.c.(before cooking)he was in an irish rock band and toured the world. Okay I know you all are thinking U2, no it wasn't U2 the name of the group was Stockton's Wing. Our demonstration today consisted of organ meats: heart, liver, sweetbreads....I tried everything without gagging, whew! Tomorrow is lecture day, no cooking for the students.

Today's cooking words of wisdom are: Taste, taste, taste, at the beginning, middle, and end of cooking. If the flavor is not quite there you can add salt, sugar, or lemon juice (the triology of flavor enhancers)and taste again.
Cheers,
Karen

No comments:

Post a Comment