Monday, May 24, 2010

Day 26 - "Do You Have a Volume Control"

Monday, week 6, new partner, new kitchen, new teacher...and I'm not sure she likes me! The only time she really spoke to me today is when she said: "Do you have a volume control on that voice"? Oops, Tom got a chuckle out of that one, he's frequently saying the same thing to me. It's going to be hard to "turn down the volume", I've got a great group to work with this week. My cooking tasks today were buttered cabbage and Kerry pie. The pie is pot pie made with lamb, carrots, and onions in a delicious gravy base. It was good but I'd like it best not in the crust and served over creamy garlic and chive mashed potatoes. I can't wait to make it for my dad. It reminds me of the ground beef over mashed potatoes he made for dinner when I was a kid.
Cheers,
Karen

No comments:

Post a Comment